I'm John Driessnack, founder of Olde Stone Consulting. Our mission is to help you and your team achieve your organizational goals through the application of superior management science. Please review our website, or contact me to see if my colleagues and I can help you!
On the weekends I spend my time tending to my fruit tree orchard; if you are interested in your own orchard or buying some mature fruit trees, please visit my site at Olde Stone Orchard to take a look at our apple, pear, and peach tree selection!
My experience spans 30 years supporting federal civilian, defense, and intelligence agencies, including 20 years on active duty in the United States Air Force. As Global Broadcast System (GBS) PM, I led the program out of breach status to successful deliveries.
Since retiring from the Air Force in 2004, I have worked with both federal agencies and contractors to streamline processes and solve programmatic issues. I have also served as a full time Defense Acquisition University professor and collaborated with American University to set up the first Federal Acquisition Institute (FAI) approved cohort Senior Program Management Certificate Program for federal employees.
As a member of the National Defense Industrial Association, I enjoy working with industry and government colleagues to advance the state of the art in systems engineering and program management. Please contact me to talk about your program needs!
I also work as an intermittent professor at Defense Acquisition University's (DAU) Defense Systems Management College (DSMC). My role there is focused on senior level complex PEO/Program simulations, a video series called the DAG Dialogs, and updating the Integrated Program and Process Development (IPPD) Handbook. I also work part time for American University as a Professorial Lecturer in the Key Executive Leadership Program (http://www.american.edu/spa/faculty/driessna.cfm). Through MAC-Consulting Services Inc, I also teach the program office focused cost class within the Cost Masters program at Naval Postgraduate School (NPS).
Credentials and Certifications
- Intermittent Professor, Defense Systems Management College
- Professorial Lecturer, Key Executive Leadership Program at American University
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Certified Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)
- Mahon, Charles R, Driessnack, John D., “Winning in the 21st Century, Command by Negation within a Portfolio, Program, Project Structure, A Point Paper to the Section 809 Panel,” Project Management Institute Acquisition Point Paper, September 2017
- Driessnack, John D., “Time to Update OMB Capital Programming Guidance,” Project Management Institute White Paper, February 2017
- Driessnack, John D., “The History of Earned Value Management, The 60’s” The Measurable News, 2017 Issue 02, May 2017
- Driessnack, John D., “Using PMI Standards Framework to Improve U.S Federal Government Capital Investment Outcomes,” Project Management Institute White Paper, March 2015
- King, D. R., Driessnack, J. D. (2007). Analysis of Competition in the Defense Industrial Base: An F/A-22 Case Study.Contemporary Economic Policy, 25(1), 57-66.
- Driessnack, J. D. & King, D. (2004). An Initial Look at Technology and Institutions on Defense Industry Consolidation.Acquisition Review Journal, 35, 62-77.
- [Guest Editor] Driessnack, J. & Dickover, N. (2003) Risk Community Building inside the Program Management Community of Practice (PM COP). Acquisition Review Quarterly, 33, 107-114.
- DriessThe Measurable News, 10-13. nack, J. D. & Evans, B. M. (2006). “Most-Likely Sum, Not Likely the Most-Likely.”
Guides and Standards
- Oehmen, J., Oppenheim, B. W., Secor, D., Norman, E., Rebentisch, E., Sopko, J. A., Steuber, M., Dove, R., Moghaddam, K., McNeal, S., Bowie, M., Ben-Daya, M., Altman, W., Driessnack, J. (2012). The Guide to Lean Enablers for Managing Engineering Programs, Version 1.0. Joint MIT‐PMI‐INCOSE Community of Practice on Lean in Program Management.
- Driessnack, J. D. “US Military-Industrial Complex Transactional Cost Analysis integrated with Public Choice tenants: Air Force Tanker Lease Case Study.” Western Economics Association International 79th Annual Conference. June 29 – July 3, 2004, Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
- King, D. & Driessnack, J. D. “Competition and the Defense Industrial Base: An F/A-22 Case Study.” Western Economics Association International 79th Annual Conference. June 29 – July 3, 2004, Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
- Driessnack, J. D. “A New Institutional Economics view of the Consolidation of United States Defense Firms: An Initial Look.” Institutions and Change 7th Annual Conference. Sept 2003, Budapest, Hungary.